China is a superpower, and one of the most influential countries in the world. It has the 2nd largest economy in the world, with a massive GDP of 15 trillion dollars. We admire the Chinese culture, way of life and disciplines but if you are looking for reasons not to move to China, you will find this article useful.
1. Environmental Problems – China’s economy is the second largest in the world but this has come at a great cost. Air pollution is very strong in China, and if you visit, you will notice that most people are wearing masks. People also experience water shortages among other problems. China has too many environmental problems to list here in one paragraph but believe us when we say that they are many.
2. Chinese Government Censorship – The internet is heavily controlled and regulated in China. Popular American social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter are banned in China, and Google doesn’t operate in the country. The only way to access these sites is by using a VPN. So, if you hate internet censorship, definitely do not move to China.
3. Too Many Low Paying Jobs – Almost all the big corporations from Western countries such as the United States, Canada and West Europe get their products manufactured in China for very cheap labor so they can sell high back home. The average annual salary is $11,000 per year.
4. Too Many People – China is the most populous country in the world, with a population of over 1.4 billion people. That is a staggering amount of people for any one country. There are so many people that the government has imposed how many kids couples can have.
5. Language Barrier – Mandarin is one of the most difficult languages to learn and if you plan on living in China for a long time, you must learn the language and it will take you at least a year to fully learn it.
6. Too Much Control By The Government – China is one of the most controlled states in the world. The central government has influence in almost every affair. They know almost everything and almost nothing happens without government approval.
7. Coffee is a Luxury Item – If you are from North America and love your coffee, then be prepared to spend money on Coffee in China because Coffee is expensive in China.
8. Racism to Minorities – People of color and other minorities have a difficult time integrating into Chinese society due to discrimination and racism. Racism is not all the time, and everywhere but it is there. If you are a person of color, you will experience racism at some point during your stay in China.
9. Conflicts With Neighboring Countries – China always wants to impose its dominance on neighbouring countries and the region, so there are always disputes with countries such as Taiwan, The Philippines, and others.
10. The World Is Not Happy With China – The world blames China for the COVID-19 virus, so a lot of people are not happy with China. This is not really a reason not to move to China, but it is something to consider.